Thursday, August 28, 2014

birthday!



27th birthday!
The day of my birthday was pretty typical...kind of boring and not that much fun at internship. 
But the evening was a winner. 
We ate some of the most amazing ethnic food I have EVER eaten: ETHIOPIAN. 
It tasted very similar to Indian food, but had its own unique twist. 
I'll be dreaming about that meal for awhile. 

And then because it FINALLY cooled off here in Milwaukee we went back to Tosa for some Colectivo coffee (decaf for this highly sensitive lady) while we sat in the squishy love seat in the "almost outside" (they have a garage door that they open when the weather is lovely). 



I just completed my first week of fall classes. 
Going to be a really interesting, really busy semester: Family Systems, Assessment/Clinical Skills, Supervision, and Multicultural Art Therapy. 
I was also just reminded that I'm in my last counseling class! 
Only art therapy department classes this spring! So happy.

It's also kind of blowing my mind that I only have one more semester to go after this one.

WOAH!

I also got my internship hours rolling again. 
Rehab group, cancer support group, and then I had some really great one-on-one sessions to finish off August. 
I'll be heading back to the 12th floor and starting at the infusion clinic next week.
Didn't want to go this week because I'm a touch under the weather. 
Weird postnasal drip/throat tickle/allergies? 
Just can never be sure, so it's best to stay off the unit. 


Our good friend Kelly from Chicago came to visit during that in-between point where I turned in my research proposal and started of fall classes. 
Perfect timing. 

And tomorrow we're headed to Iowa City!
Longtime Bethel friend Nate is getting married near Kalona on Saturday. 
Happy to see friends...
Also happy that it will be the last trip for a little while...
Sometimes it's just good to stay in one place. 

Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment