Sunday, February 1, 2015

pie




Pie. 
Beer. 
Hymn singing.
This last Friday evening.
Our good friend from church turned 50 last week. 
And in order to celebrate we all brought pie and beer (even pizza pie) and joined in some fun conversation and hymn singing. 
I definitely left with a stomach ache.
We have a great group of friends at Milwaukee Mennonite.


Ironically, we won't be seeing those friends today because it snowed A LOT.
This morning I was craving some Rocket Baby Bakery bread (only 3 blocks from our house) so I bundled up and walked over to grab some sourdough and cranberry walnut loaves. 
It was a real mess out there.
Some of the snow banks on the sidewalks were up to the middle of my calf.
I had to run/jump through those areas. 
Sometimes I even walked on the road. 
Thus, plenty of snow made its way into my boots. 
I didn't even notice because Smartwool socks do their job...as well as my big old down coat, Under Armour running tights, and Carthartt hat.
If you have the right gear, bad weather isn't so bad. 


I'm procrastinating...because homework and thinking are hard work...

But have a nice Sunday as I try to make that happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment