Saturday, February 22, 2014

cold...again



I wish I had better news for you, but this cold weather won't stop.
It actually felt quite nice in the 20's today.
But as soon as the sun starts to set that bitter cold sneaks right back in.
(Picture below of our 4-6 inches of snow that we received on Monday. It melted off the roads the following day because it was 41 degrees.)
Oh, Wisconsin.
It definitely feels strange because SPRING BREAK is only 2 weeks away.
Sad to say it will only be a "sort of" break because I still have internship, and Ben will still be in school...so looks like I'll be hanging out in Milwaukee. 
This is actually fine because less of ANYTHING is better for me at the moment.
Life has been a big whirlwind lately.
drive, internship, drive, class, homework, eat when possible?, sleep (repeat)
I haven't even done any of my important assignments for class yet.
Those are coming up in March and April, followed by the big musical arts program for my internship in May.
A monumental semester for sure. 
The Native American class I'm taking this weekend and has been really interesting thus far.
Getting to do a lot of art making, which I really appreciate.
I'd get into detail about the stuff that is keeping me busy...but it's mostly school and not that interesting if you're not doing it. 
I'll try to post some pictures of artwork instead. 
At least it's something to look at.
I've tried to do an extra good job of getting homework done during the day so that I can make time to relax and enjoy myself in the evening if I don't have internship.
Ben and I ate at a Hawaiian restaurant down the street before my class started on Friday evening.
Then we went to Red Dot to try to see the KU game tonight, but they didn't get the right ESPN channel.
Still important and nice to get my mind off of school for a bit.
SELF-CARE.
BAM.

Sorry. That paragraph is all over the place.
But so is my life. :)

Happy weekend to you all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment