Friday, February 7, 2014

veggie tray


My fabulously constructed veggie tray that I took to the church winter retreat with Ben's blue cheese dip.
I feel like I should be given an award for "most impressive rebound from a cold."
Yep. Sick again.
First, Ben caught a cold from all of his new little elementary school friends. 
It plagued him all last week...and then on Tuesday my throat started to hurt and some serious fatigue set in. 
I canceled my babysitting gig, popped in some Benedryl, and slept on and off from 6 pm on Tuesday night until 6 am on Wednesday morning. 
That, plus gallons of lemon water, echinacea tea, Progresso chicken noodle soup, oranges, cough drops, tissues, Neti pot usage twice a day, ibuprofen, sudafed, and naps all made it possible for me to get through my classes and groups this week. 
I still have sniffles and a semi-sore-throat, but my energy level is way up from what it was and it will at least allow me to do my reading.
I've also improved much more quickly than the last cold that I had in December. 
The house is a bit of a disaster because I've chosen rest over daily chores, and Ben's been pretty busy this week too. 

BUT THE BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND IS HERE!
I'm ready to catch up on homework and clean the house.

Other news...Ben went to a Jason Isbell concert last night. 
I couldn't go because I had to go to class and give a journal article presentation. 

I'm quite sad because a very beloved Bethel science professor, Wayne Wiens, passed away yesterday.
He also happened to be married to my Bethel art professor, Gail Lutsch, so when I was in college I got to spend a little bit of time at their house for end-of-the-year art/biology parties. 
Although I never took advantage of having a class with Wayne, Ben did, and loved it. 
They even came to our Kansas wedding reception. 
So sad.

It's still SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOLD here.
If I can prevent going outside this weekend, I most certainly will.
Except I think I'm going to request that Ben and I go eat Pho in honor of our colds and the cold weather.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment