Friday, January 2, 2015

new years 2014


We had a lovely time in Lawrence celebrating the new year with our friends.
Brad cooked a lot of amazing food for us: curried soup, cornbread, quiche, roasted beets and potatoes, and cheesy grits. 
He normally cooks at The Roost on Massachusetts. 
If you're ever in Lawrence, check it out. 
Because he's such a foodie he got Ben and I an amazing Southern cookbook for Christmas called Heritage. It's worth it just to look at the beautiful pictures. There's a special section about pickling that made me wish I had a garden...so I made cucumber salad instead. 


We went to Jacob and Chelsy's house on NYE, hung out with friends, and played a little 2014 trivia. 
Ben's team won. Ben is very good at trivia. 

The next day we made our 9 hour trek back home, so we are finally back in MKE after our 2 week Christmas vacation driving extravaganza.
Had a wonderful time, but it's nice to be back home and not living out of a suitcase. 
Because I am FINALLY feeling better I can actually relax (or even feel well enough to do chores). 

Because we awoke to no food in the house we decided to go out for one finally luxurious breakfast.
We headed to Cafe Hollander for Belgian waffles and coffee. 

I have the next 23 days off. 
I plan on cooking, cleaning, baking, art-making, exercising, homework-ing, and spending time with friends.
Can't wait!



1 comment: