Thursday, July 3, 2014

summerfest



I'm not tired yet, so I'm going to take the opportunity to write you all.
I just got home from my first Summerfest!
I went solo because Ben had a gig, but I have to say that it was A LOT of fun going by myself.
Going alone means you just kind of get to go wherever you want without having to check in with someone.
Oddly freeing.
I DID see EYM friends there, so I was alone, but not lonely. 
Hugest music festival ever.
They actual refer to it as "The World's Largest Music Festival," whatever that means. 
Kind of awesome, as long as you're prepared to be surrounded by a dense crowd of people and pay a lot of $$$ for beer and food.
I actually ate beforehand and only bought one beer, so that was helpful.
AND I not only got to see some big names like Ziggy Marley and The Hold Steady....I also got to see my dear Express Yourself MKE friends play in their amazing local MKE bands. 
Not even on smaller stages...
They OPENED for Ziggy Marley!
Ugh. They're so amazing.
I took the shuttle, which in my opinion, is always a good idea in MKE. 
A lady was trampled at the Ziggy Marley concert, broke her leg, and they hauled her off in an ambulance.
Glad I left to go check out The Hold Steady before Ziggy got started.
My friend Cammie told me what happened when I returned to ride the shuttle back with her. 
So despite the negative ending...I had a really good time and I REALLY want to go back next year.
We'll see what we're doing by then. 

Today was an fellow AT student friend's birthday, so we're celebrating with her tomorrow evening. 
4th of July also means I don't have to go into the hospital tomorrow...so I'll probably be reading for Research during the day...because in grad school all holidays mean "time to catch up". 

Happy 4th, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment