Friday, March 14, 2014

fundraising


 

Here is what I came up with for my mixed media silent auction donation piece. 
It's not my absolute favorite, but it's not too bad and I got a lot of compliments on it. 
I enjoyed the process until I started adding paint. 
I think I'll try something similar again, but might put more thought into the paint process. 
That's also just what happens when you give yourself 5 days to come up with a silent auction piece. 
Kind of a bad habit of mine. I need to keep more pieces laying around. 
Regardless, I think the piece went for at least $85, which went up from a starting bid of $55. 
I valued it at $75, so that made me happy. The actual size is 12x12.

By the way, the fundraiser was AWESOME. 
It was a New Orleans theme.
Catfish, jambalaya, sweet potato fries, etc. on the menu.
Cupcakes for dessert (my favorite). 
Blues music. 
Drumming and some dancing.
I won the raffle for one of the event posters.
I bought a pair of yoga pants from the silent auction for $20. 
I also loved spending time with my practicum staff.
I've only been hanging out with them since the end of January, but I've befriended them quickly. They're wonderful and insanely artsy people. 
Very inspiring to be a part of their creative think tank. 

And I'm definitely procrastinating working on my paper right now... so on to that on this beautiful (53 degrees) Wisconsin day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment