Saturday, March 8, 2014

in the studio



Welcome, beautiful, beautiful spring break.
While it may not feel like the most restful break in the world, I am still cutting a few things out of my schedule and that is a VERY beautiful thing.
No classes for the week and no groups on Friday, but I'll still be at practicum all week, in addition to preparing for a fundraiser happening on Thursday.
I also have A LOT of homework over the break.
A LOT.
Reading, reading, reading, studying for a quiz and a 5-7 pg. paper....but at least I can do it at a somewhat leisurely pace.
I got a little behind with reading this last week because of our take-home midterm, a video-taped practice AT session, and a group addictions counseling interview that I was anxious about.
As a result of this, I'm happy to say that Ben and I are spending the ENTIRE SATURDAY AT HOME.
Today I've been working on a mixed media painting that I'm donating to the silent auction at the fundraiser. It's so nice to have copious amounts of time to make art and relax.
I'm also taking the self-care step of reducing my babysitting hours from 6 to 3 hours a week until the semester is over. I felt bad about that for awhile, but I forgot that I had actually warned the parents about needing to eventually cut down hours before the semester even started. 
I was really just so busy I forgot that I had already made that decision. 
My upcoming summer schedule at the hospital should hopefully make it easier to fit in. 
6 hours doesn't seem like a big deal, but cutting it down to 3 gives me ONE night at home during the week. 
Otherwise I don't usually come home until 9 pm every weekday night because of groups or class, except for Friday. 
But even once a month on Fridays we have open mic night. 

So as you can see, I'm preparing for a crazy second half of the semester, but my saving grace is the fact that we get 3 DAYS OFF for Easter AND the public school spring break will give me a rest from a few groups again in April. 

We're also planning on being at Schmeckfest at the end of the month. 
A nice gift to us both. 

I'll try to keep things calm for my own sake.
Wish me luck. 




No comments:

Post a Comment