Monday, March 17, 2014

open mic



My friend and art therapy co-intern from MMU and I sang and played "Wagon Wheel" at my practicum open mic night this last Friday. 
We had a wonderful time, and it further solidified our art therapy sisterhood bond. 
Erin is one of the kindest people I have met at MMU and I love sharing a practicum site with her. People often ask if we are sisters, for some reason.

I was preparing to hate this week, but I'm happy to announce that I'm off to a good start.
My team had to lead our Group Dynamics class today and it went really well. 
I was a little nervous about it, but we had good feedback and basically accomplished our goals.
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
I also just got a lot out of the group support today. 
We're all kind of suffering through this tough semester.

I also sent an important text message to the folks I babysit for. 
My semester is getting busier and I need the next 2 weeks off. 
I know that my inconsistent ability to babysit their children must be bothersome, so I asked if they wanted to continue working with my crazy schedule, or get another babysitter. 
I haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm glad I sent that text.
I just reminded myself that I'm not paying $$$$$ to babysit. 
I'm in graduate school.
And that means putting my energy and efforts into that, not juggling unnecessary jobs.
I love babysitting for them, but it's hindering both of us, it's not worth it.
SELF-CARE.

So on with the week!
Cousin Lea is coming to visit tomorrow evening, and now the only big thing on my plate is reading and studying for a quiz on Thursday. 
I'm all ready to conquer.


2 comments:

  1. Tell Lea she needs to come back to the Twin Cities. We need a babysitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! She even told me you guys had asked her to babysit this Saturday and then we talked about how much we adore Hannah. :)

      Delete