Sunday, March 30, 2014

schmecking 2014



We just returned from our whirlwind Schmeckfest weekend.
The weather was quite nice and it was so wonderful to return home and see family and friends, if only for a little bit. Ben's sister, Emily, even came up to have her first Schmeckfest meal ever. 
We haven't been able to go for the past 2 years, obviously because we were in Florida, so this was much needed. 
And since I didn't really have much of a spring break, I think I totally deserved this respite.
We came home with a cooler full of meat from the farm, cheesepockets, kuchen, peppernuts, smoked sausage, bierocks, and jam. 
That will definitely help fuel me amidst all of my reading and paper-writing.
The two weeks prior to our Schmeck trip were VERY busy. 
I had another weekend class, a 5-7 page paper to write for the weekend class from last month, and an 8 page addiction client assessment. 
Speaking of weekend classes, I've completed 4 of the 6 weekend classes that I'm required to take in order to get my degree. 
I'm really excited about that!
Even though it felt a little intense to front-load those credits like that, it's going to make my remaining semesters less stressful. 
I know we have 6 weeks to go, but I already feel like I'm in the home stretch. 
Most of our class assignments are due in April, and time is just moving so quickly that I don't think the rest of the semester will feel very long. 
I also found out that because of extra outside assignments, one of my classes will end on April 23 instead of May 8!!!!
I'm just blown away by how amazing this semester has been, and I'm excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment