Friday, April 4, 2014

elements



I am SOOOOO grateful it's the weekend!
I haven't had a weekend off for 3 weeks, even though I still have practicum and babysitting tomorrow.
I'll at least get the majority of tonight, Saturday and Sunday to myself. 
Thought I would post some of the projects that we've been working on this semester. 
Above is one of the life-size superheroes that our group of 3rd-graders are making.
Those are what I spend the majority of my practicum hours on. 
Each one of the kids laid down on cardboard, we traced them, and then they painted and decorated them. 
We're putting blown up pictures of their faces on them when they're fully painted and decorated.
Now I'm working with each one of the kids to do one-on-one touch-ups and make sure they're ready to present at the show. 
SOOOO MUCH WORK!
But they'll look great when we're finished. 
The kids are SO proud of them. 


We've also made a ton of these.
We're calling them kaleidoscopes, but they're essentially mandalas.
The kids paint poster board, we cut the poster board into shapes, we decide on a pattern, then we glue the shapes down onto a large cardboard circle.
We might be doing some printmaking on top of this, but we'll see. 

All of the visual arts that we do during the year become set pieces for our May 8th show.
Our 4 color palettes for projects are based on the elements: fire (red, yellow, orange), wind (pinks and purples), water (cool blues), and earth (green, brown, yellow).
I can't wait to see everything together. 

Most of my school projects are due in the next two weeks, so this will be an important weekend for preparation. 
Going to exercise and then get to work...because it's Friday afternoon after all.
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment