Monday, April 21, 2014

easter 2014



I'm spending too much time on the computer again...but I'll get to work immediately after I post this.

We just returned from our Easter/Spring Break in Des Moines.
It was a wonderful trip and we had so much fun with Paula and Tom! 

On Thursday night we grilled burgers and stayed in.

On Friday we ate an AMAZING breakfast at La Mie. It's a French bakery and makes AMAZING food and pastries...especially their macaroons. We will obviously have to go back there when we return because I did not get to sample all of their beautiful pastries. Paula, Ben, and I sat, chatted, and drank endless cups of coffee throughout the morning. Tom joined us for breakfast, but left to put in a few hours of work that morning. We went to Tasty Taco for lunch, followed by afternoon resting. Tom and I reclined in the backyard and worked on work/homework. The sun was hot enough to give Tom a little sunburn on his legs and face. Later that afternoon, Ben and Tom went to hot yoga while Paula and I went shopping. After such a busy day we still made time to visit two of their favorite local breweries.

On Saturday we made smoothies for breakfast, got a little exercise in, and off to Palmer's we went. Palmer's is the ultimate soup/sandwich/salad location. So many combinations of soup, sandwiches, and salads...and so yummy. We went to Costco and Trader Joe's for Easter food. Then we returned home and our family friend, Jarrod, and his girlfriend came for a brief visit that afternoon. We also played bean bags and prepared some of our food for Sunday Easter lunch. Mom and Dad came in after supper and we were joined by another family friend, Dallas, for some fun conversation. 

Sunday morning was nice and relaxing with plenty of bloody marys and mimosas to go around. It was beautiful outside, so we took the dogs and ourselves for a walk. Paula made a very delicious Easter meal. The rest of us helped here and there. Sadly, we had to take off for MKE around 2 pm. It was 80 degrees when we left Des Moines. I haven't been in that kind of heat in a long time. 

It's a little cooler here in MKE today, which I'm ok with. I'd like to experience a little spring before summer starts.
I will say that it's nice to be home, the break from school and practicum really helped, and now I'm feeling prepared and excited to finish Spring 2014. 
I had a REALLY productive morning. 
Michelle and I met at Colectivo to finish preparing for our Addictions presentation on Thursday, and then I went home to finish making my apple head doll (a project for another class) that is due on Wednesday. 


A few more weeks of hard work...and then we start the summer semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment