Friday, April 25, 2014

apple head




Hallelujah it's Friday!

What a week of projects, presentations, and obligations.

While class and practicum are definitely starting to wind down, final projects and papers are giving me plenty of reason to run around with my head cut off. 

Above is a picture of my apple head doll, who I sewed clothes for. 
And named him after Grandpa Melvin, because of the overalls. 
He was due on Wednesday.

But these last two days were especially insane.

Yesterday I had a bad sinus headache, but not bad enough to skirt my duties.

I sat through a 3-hour planning meeting for our upcoming show on May 8.

This was followed by a few more practicum hours at the elementary school, which included a 15 minute break to participate in a tornado drill.

Then I had to go give a 40-minute presentation with Michelle on enhancing adherence for our addictions class that evening.



I should explain that doing all of this with a sinus headache is pure torture.

But everything got done, AND the presentation went amazingly. 



Then this morning my supervision professor came to observe me at my practicum site (while I still had some minor sinus pain). 

It was a little chaotic because our final show is in 2 weeks and we're all in crazy last-minute prep mode. 

Then I went to my second practicum site of the day to dance with 3rd graders for 1.5 hours. 

Then I drove to school to have a mock interview with a fake client...which was videotaped.
(This went REALLY well, by the way. Not even sarcastic. I nailed it.)

I then met with my professor for a short 20 min. closing session.

And then I came home and washed the dishes. 


And now I need to start writing a paper that is due this coming Wednesday.

But besides the chaos of my life, I am happy to say that by the time I finished the closing session my sinus pain had vanished entirely. 

I am happy to say that even though this chaos it challenging at times, I just love it more than anything. 

AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY EVENING AND I AM SO HAPPY!



No comments:

Post a Comment