Friday, May 2, 2014

rehearsal




Greetings!

So many wonderful things have been accomplished and I am so close to the end of this semester!
Two reflection papers and a final! 
And I even have time to write those papers and prepare for that final!
Who knew I would ever have time for such things again!?

I remember getting to Monday and thinking..."Ugh, only Monday."
But all of a sudden it's Friday!

I turned my final techniques paper on Tuesday night...which meant we didn't have class on Wednesday morning. So instead, I spent the whole morning working on a commissioned piece while watching Dexter. Then I went to my Supervision class and spent a decent portion of it working on the painting you see above. That was a great day of art making, and I really needed it. You haven't seen it in awhile. It's changed quite a bit. It's a response piece for our practicum - so we paint every week in response to what is happening to us at practicum. I actually don't think it's done...but it's done enough to write a paper about it. 

Yesterday I spent a large portion of the day cleaning the studio with my supervisor because we had a studio rehearsal for our big show coming up next Thursday. I can't wait. An American Idol finalist and a gal from STOMP are helping us out with the show. They're super-nice ladies, and I'm excited to see how they're going to be involved... dancing and singing, basically. I wish everyone could see the show. I'll try to get Ben to take some good photos/videos. 

I have about 266 hours of my required 300 for the semester, but I have no worries about getting those last hours in during the next two weeks. Going to be busy, busy, busy.

It has rained and been cloudy in Milwaukee EVERY DAY THIS WEEK!
I hope next week looks better, but we'll see. 

Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment