Tuesday, June 11, 2013

checking things off


I am FINALLY writing from Milwaukee!
We are having quite the trip and I can't believe it's almost over.
We've just been taking it one day at time, checking off one thing after the next. 
We've married Alyssa and Austin off. 
Drove to Des Moines.
Drove to Madison where we dropped off Taylor and Ted at the MVS house. 
And now here we are at the Radisson in MKE.

But first, a few pictures from the wedding.


Alyssa and Austin were both super gorgeous/handsome.
Alyssa's dress was to-die-for and they had a lovely ceremony. 
I don't have many pictures because I was busy doing other things, but just trust me.


They ended up tying these tassels down because of the wind, but they were still beautiful.
It ended up pouring rain right after the ceremony, but we stuck it out and got an awesome rainbow in return.
I can't wait to see the photographers' pictures. 


Friends shared music for entertainment.
Creekbusters played together again! It was awesome.


Wedding prep with Nat. 
I ended up changing my original hairstyle idea due to the wind.
I decided to curl it, pin it up and spray A LOT of hairspray in it. 


Here's Ben at Gong Fu Tea in Des Moines, Iowa. 
Paula got us hooked on this amazing loose leaf tea.
We had a great time with Paula and Tom. 
Got to see their new home in West Des Moines and a little bit of the city. 
We definitely need to go back and explore further. 

On June 5th brother Ethan celebrated his 23rd birthday and on June 7th Mom and Dad celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary. 
We'll have to celebrate when we return home (hopefully on Thursday or Friday). 

I'm already a little overwhelmed with the idea of finding a home in Milwaukee within the next 48 hours.
Just trying to navigate can be stressful enough.
Nothing gets me snapping at Ben faster than confusion while driving (I'm anxious in vehicles).
Any thoughts, prayers or good vibes would be appreciated as we make decisions.
So here's to a good rest and figuring things out tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Here are some good vibes for you! I'm sure you will find a great place tomorrow:)
    Leah Faye
    e plus l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vibes! We haven't had much luck thus far, but things will work out. We'll keep on trying!

      Delete