Tuesday, June 18, 2013

rural life




It's been lovely being back home since our huge trip.
I've been helping mother in the garden (seen above), which has been the source of steady rhubarb desserts this summer. 
Wedding planning + farm work is much less stressful than home-hunting.
Speaking of which..we just signed our lease and I will put it in the mail tomorrow. 
We will officially be residents of Wauwatosa (love the name). 
SO glad that worked out.
And I'm SO pleased with our location.
A nice neighborhood 2.5 miles from school and right off of North Ave., close to fun shops and restaurants. 
If you want our address I'll give it to you personally, not on the blog. 

On Saturday we celebrated Father's Day and my dad hitting his weight loss goal...88 pounds down since February. 
He's now around 220.
Unreal.

Tomorrow Ben, Mom and I will be helping out in the kitchen at Swan Lake Christian Camp. A simple 10 minute drive from our house. I've spent a lot of time out there (I attended or counseled summer camp out there from age 5-20). It will be nice for Ben to see it, since he's been hyping Camp Mennoscah as long as I've known him. 

Wedding planning?
Just taking it one day/task at a time. 
BUT I SURE HOPE MORE PEOPLE RSVP SO I KNOW THAT THEY'RE COMING...
that would be nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment