Monday, December 9, 2013

christmas vacation



I meant to write a few days ago, but the beginning of my vacation has actually been quite busy. 
We had our last materials class on Wednesday at my professors' private practice studio. 
Afterwards a few friends and I went out for some of the best pizza I've ever had at Classic Slice, followed by amazing coffee at Anodyne
While we were eating our pizza I received a call from Andrew, whose kids I babysit. 
Izzy, the 1 year-old, got hand, foot, and mouth disease, so she couldn't go to daycare.
But her dad needed to be at work, and her mom needed to go to a conference.
So he asked if I could babysit her all day on Thursday. 
I said yes, because I really wasn't doing a lot besides finishing up my materials paper.
I ended up babysitting for 10 HOURS on Thursday. 
It was pretty great, actually. 
I watched Breaking Bad on Netflix all day while we played, she napped, and I ordered Chinese take out.
They even bought me a fancy cupcake as a little gift for being willing to work last minute. 
I started going a little stir-crazy by the last hour, but the compensation for hanging out in someone's home with their sick child for an entire day is VERY NICE.

I turned my materials paper in on Friday and received an 'A' by the next day, plus some nice comments from the professor.
My professors grade very quickly. 
The report card should look pretty good for semester #1.

And of course by Friday evening I started to get a cold and a sore throat.
Which has plagued me for the whole weekend, and is now finally turning around.

Yesterday it snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed.
About 4 inches.
It was actually quite beautiful watching the big fluffy flakes fall.
It was also a little treacherous driving around yesterday, but we made it to church and back.
In the picture above you can see Ben shoveling last night.

I JUST walked over to the optometrist this morning. 
They're one block away.
Handy.
I'm getting some new glasses and they gave me some new contacts.
I really needed them. 
I didn't realize it until I popped them in, but my vision is much clearer.

Just one class to attend on Wednesday. 
Otherwise I am done, and will pretty much just be babysitting, cooking, cleaning the house, and hanging with Michelle until we leave for Kansas in a few weeks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment