Monday, December 2, 2013

the head and the heart




The head and the heart are also a band, but this picture is not about the band.
I made it as my final art experiential for my theory/history AT course because today was my last class with Bruce! :(
SOOOOOOO sad.
Definitely more sad than I thought I would be. 
I don't think I'll have him for any more classes because he's slowly transitioning out as he nears retirement.
At the end of each class period he always asked each of us to say what we're taking away from class, but today he had us draw what we're taking away from the semester.
I said I'm taking away new perspective for both my mind and my heart. 
Bruce made a good point a few weeks ago that there are many typical graduate programs that don't ask you to change yourself. 
Art therapy definitely changes your perspective on things.

Bitter sweet.

Only 4 more class periods!
I've maybe said this before, but I'm technically done this week.
However, I STILL have to go to counseling next Wednesday to 
A) be a good student and
B) get my paper back.
That's it.
We're not doing anything of serious worth.
And everyone in that class is holding it against our professor for that very reason.

I am VERY happy to say that my homework list is very near completion.
I have drafts for both my counseling and materials papers.
In fact, I could turn them in right now.
The counseling paper would be fine.
The materials one might be a little iffy.
Tomorrow will be spent editing them...and cleaning the house, because I don't care to edit all day.
I'm even taking on the extra effort of visiting the success center on Friday before I turn in the materials paper. 

I'm starting to think about all of the things I will be doing during break!

Also, at least ONE of you (Alyssa) noticed that I said that we were bringing friends home...and by friends I mean kittens!
We actually decided to postpone the kitty caravan trip until January because we'll be gone for Christmas for two whole weeks in about 3 weeks. 
I was pretty sure that the kittens would be very mad at us for leaving them so soon and poop on just about everything we own in revenge.
SO. 
One more month!
This is good because it gives us time to prepare.

Thanksgiving break was heavenly, so I can't wait for Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment