Thursday, October 17, 2013

relief!



Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......
I'm alive. I made it. 
My class ended about an hour ago and I already have a chocolate cake baking in the oven. 
Yes, it's vegan. 
I didn't even realize it until I finished putting all of the ingredients in. 
I did not pick it for health reasons (because if you look at the ingredients, you will see how NOT healthy it is for you).
It's a "that-cake-looks-good-so-I'm-gonna-make-it" cake.

Anyway, we got an 'A' on the presentation.
Glad my standards are higher than my professor's.

And now my crazy week is over!
I guess I have a mid-term on Monday, and a little baby paper due on Wednesday.
But those will be no problem.
The big stuff is out of the way...for now. 
Bigger papers coming up at the end of the semester, but at least I can take a little break first.
Having an assignment due %100 percent of the time is difficult. 

So our Michigan weekend!....
It was fabulous!
You can see Laurie and Chris above. 
The wedding was outside at this beautiful old house that was built in 1901 and is used for celebrations and events... such as weddings.
The weather was PERFECT.
All of the trees were changing colors and the leaves were falling all around us.
Could not have been more lovely.
And it was so amazing to see a bunch of my dearest friends again.
I'll get to see most of them in December for Cari's wedding too!
What a great year of weddings/get-togethers.
We rented a cottage in Grand Haven for 10 people, so we all got to hang out and talk way too late into the night.
We were about a block from the beach.
Grand Haven was beautiful.
I would absolutely go back there to visit. 


The ferry was amazing!
It tops out at speeds of 40 mph.
Way more room to walk around, space to spread out, tables to sit at, a galley to buy food (although we didn't). 
Much better than an airplane.
Except I got a little motion sick on the way back.
I didn't vomit. 
Just queezy and a little dizzy.
In order to distract myself from the mild illness, I drew my motion sickness (below).
Next time, Dramamine.




And here is my painting that was due on Monday.
The background was grey.
I took it to class and noticed that it should really be orange.
So I brought it home and painted it orange.
And now it's a gift for my sister, because I owe her a painting.
And also it makes sense to give it to her because I think she would be one of the few people to recognize mom's geraniums in her white pot. 

So (HUGE sigh of relief). It's felt like I was running a marathon this week...actually these past 2 weeks.
I'm meeting classmates at Colectivo tomorrow afternoon to study/talk about the midterm.
Then hopefully a little video Gchat with Em & Kez.
And then Saturday morning I look forward to running around for 30-ish minutes while getting covered in colorful starchy powder (Color Run). 

I've hit the midway point.
Only 7 more weeks of class!
It's flying by.

1 comment: