Wednesday, January 8, 2014

hilde and terry



I'm so grateful for these next two weeks before classes start.
I would feel a little rushed if I had to go back to school before then. 
This gives me time to get a good hold on myself before the crazy schedule begins. 
I'm nervous because I don't know what lays ahead, but I'm sure that once I develop a routine things will feel better. 

Our little ladies, Hilde (grey) and Terry (striped), are doing so well. 
They come in and out of hiding depending on the time of day.
This morning I stayed in bed to drink coffee and read.
By the time I had finished both of them were sitting on top of me.
SO CUTE!

We said our final goodbyes to Austin and Alyssa this morning and we are happy to report that they made it back safe and sound. 
Those poor folks didn't know they'd be our house guests for 3 extra days, but the road conditions just weren't worth the risk. 
Our house was pretty cold during that time (Not that it's ever not cold).
The majority of the house is actually fine, but we really need a space heater for the living room because the huge old front window allows so much air to seep in.
Temps should be in the upper 20's tomorrow!
Never thought I would be so happy to hear that.
Regardless, it should actually help because you can feel the effects of the outside air in the living room.

The sun was a nice sight today.
We're starting to transition back into the real world.
I'm preparing to start my internship, so I'm figuring out paperwork and exchanging e-mails with my supervisor.
Ben is taking care of logistics for his substitute teaching job and handling additional interview/resume information for other job openings.
We're also finding time to do the things we enjoy...since we actually have the time.
This morning Ben went for a run on the indoor track at the Pettit Ice Center, which is a U.S. Olympic training facility.
He said it was really great, so I plan on joining him next time.
This afternoon we went with Michelle to see American Hustle.
Ben cooked steak on the iron skillet and sauteed mushrooms and onions for supper.
I made juice in the juicer.
We've actually had fruit/vegetable juice for the last several days.
We're working on eating healthier since we didn't hold back too much during Christmas.
It definitely feels better not to be overeating constantly.

Even though I'm nervous for everything that's headed my way, I'm also super excited.
There is SO MUCH that's gonna happen in 2014!
So here is my disclaimer again:
If you don't hear from me...you know why.



No comments:

Post a Comment