Tuesday, January 14, 2014

new beginnings



I bought a new filing container to keep all of my handouts, notes, papers, etc.
Last semester was kind of a mess because I had them sitting all over the place and in stacks on the floor. 
This organizational system is much better.
Makes me very excited to get started. 

I meet with my supervisor tomorrow morning, so I'll finally know my schedule. 

A big, new surprise...Ben accepted a position as a full-time elementary music teacher for MKE Public Schools. 
So even though he was about to start subbing, it looks like he won't have to.
This also means he won't be able to work at the youth symphony anymore, but I still think it will look nice on his resume and now he has a few more music educator connections. 
He'll actually be teaching M-Th at one elementary school and then Friday at another. 
Looks like he'll start on Tuesday, which is the day that classes start at MMU (even though I don't have classes until Wednesday morning). 
We're both pretty excited about a full-time salary and benefits. 
We're not used to such luxuries.

And here's Terry sleeping on me while I read....


No comments:

Post a Comment