Saturday, January 18, 2014

preparation



I know, I know.
It's a good thing that I take so many pictures of the kittens. 
They are precious and won't be this small forever.

My days of freedom are winding down.
While I'm excited to get this semester started I know that I am REALLY going to miss all of this free time. 
My schedule is FINALLY all set. 
I had a small scheduling crisis on Thursday. 
There is some core programming that is scheduled for Wednesday evening at the youth center where I'll be interning.
I kind of NEED to be there because there are only so many groups I can observe and 50% of my internship hours need to be in contact with a client.
Unfortunately, I had signed up for a Wednesday evening supervision class 2 months ago during class registration because I had no idea what my schedule would look like, let alone what agency I would be working for. 
The problem was that all of the AFTERNOON supervision classes were booked, and the AATA has regulations on supervision class size. 
So after staring at the computer for the entirety of Thursday afternoon, shooting e-mails around, and messaging other AT students, I was FINALLY able to get into an afternoon supervision class....leaving me with a FULL Wednesday of 9 am - 9 pm class and internship.

Ben playing at Caroline's open jam session on Thursday night. 

Yesterday Ben visited the two schools that he'll be working at. 
I Skyped with freshly married friend, Cari, who's in the UK.
After Ben ran an errand for the youth symphony (and by run an errand, I mean "drive a large truck from the rental company to the youth symphony parking lot") we went to Water Street Brewery, the first place we went to eat after arriving in MKE to house hunt. 
Had an awesome sampler of their standard beers along with their fish fry. 
Then we went to Milwaukee Art Museum "After Dark", which is something they have every month for members (and non-members if they pay for a ticket) where there's food, drinks, music, dancing, exhibits, etc. at the museum from 6 pm-12 am.
It was pretty cool. We'll have to make an attempt to go more often.


Now I'm just trying to accomplish all of the tasks that need accomplishing before things get crazy.
So back to my laundry and dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment