Monday, September 9, 2013

diving in



Just a quick note before I get down to business (aka reading everything in sight).
I'm at Colectivo because it's hot again today....so the house was hot.

I've had a good Monday.
A little sleepy, despite getting plenty of sleep.
I'm gearing up for my AT retreat weekend in Troy, WI.
Should be a lot of fun, and I am SO excited that we're staying at a camp.
They recommended that we not bring our homework with us because we probably won't do it...so I'm just trying to stay caught up before we leave.
I finished my 6-page reflection paper and now I'm gearing up for a 3-page career counseling paper due next week and a 10-15 page research paper that's due at the end of the month.
It has to be about a philosophic art therapy question.
I've chosen to research how art therapy is a "universal language" or if there are cultural barriers to work against.
I didn't write that question myself.
It was an example and I identified with it. 
Since I'm a world traveler, I thought that would be a good topic to focus on.

After Theory/History this morning I met with a tutor to look over my reflection paper and she was really helpful.
She said that I write well, but made a few helpful pointers that I can be aware of for future papers.
It was nice to get a little feedback and a little perspective of where I stand.
Not as bad as I thought.

Got some wedding photos back, but not all of them so you'll have to wait for my favorites.

ALSO, I might get to volunteer as a paraprofessional at this great program for kids with Austism Spectrum Disorder.
It would only be once a week (and maybe not even that).
It's called Islands of Brilliance.
They pair up Mentors/computer professionals with the kids to make art on Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
The paras help out and do traditional art project breaks during the session.
So we'll see if they need me, but it sounds like a great program.


No comments:

Post a Comment