Wednesday, September 4, 2013

mumford



So I went to the Mumford & Sons concert with some new AT friends last night.
Had a great time getting out and doing fun Milwaukee things.
The concert was really good, even though you can tell that our seats were pretty bad.
It was ok though.
I paid $20 for the ticket and we got to sit on a blanket on the grass, drink Blue Moon and watch the sunset with the beautiful city skyline to our right.
I'm also not a die-hard Mumford & Sons fan.
They have some good singles, but most of it sounds the same to me.
Glad I went though.
Not to mention that it was a GORGEOUS night.
I dressed perfectly.
Not too hot or cold.

Of course I was thrown back into reality today.
I didn't do too bad despite going to bed at 12:30 am and then waking at 7:00 am.
(It's a little after 10 pm right now and I think I'm ready for bed.)
Anyway...
I hadn't had class since last Thursday night (because of Labor Day)!
Materials was great this morning.
We got to go roam the campus for 20 minutes looking for natural materials to use in our artwork.
Career Counseling was a little boring.

Here's the hard truth about graduate school.
You read your butt off and absorb as much as you can all week just so you can speak intelligently in class, and then you repeat that process.
Every week.
For 5 semesters.
:)

I actually made friends with a 2nd year AT student today and she said that the reading and writing workload varies from semester to semester, but she promises we'll get through it.
She even gave me her e-mail address and told me to let her know if I needed help with anything or just had questions about assignments.

I cannot emphasize how much people care about you at Mount Mary.

They're the nicest people in the world.

It's like I never left Bethel.


No comments:

Post a Comment