Friday, September 20, 2013

efficiency



Haircut!
I must have been feeling the pressure of my 10-15 pg. paper and THAT must have made me realize that I no longer want to deal with my long, summer sun-destroyed hair.
I scheduled an appointment on Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday at 1:30 pm the hair was off!

I'm still trying to acclimate to my school workload.
Writing this paper and trying to keep up with all of my reading has been...interesting.
Hopefully my reading and writing will become more efficient in the weeks to come. 


We made our first visit over to Riverwest Public House to see Rachel Ries perform last night.
Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the whole show because Ben had to work and I had class until 9 pm, but we did catch her for a bit and got to say hi.
Via http://www.inspiredtoshare.com/

Also, a pretty exciting and rather uncommon thing happened to me.
I went on a run around the neighborhood last Tuesday and when I was only a block from home I recognized this cute lady (pictured above) and her husband walking towards me on the sidewalk.

I recognized her 
BECAUSE I FOLLOW HER BLOG!

I started following INSPIRED TO SHARE back when I was still in Tallahassee, looking for Milwaukee blogs that could tell me a little bit more about the area.
So here I am running, all sweaty, wearing my glasses and no make up, I see her and don't really have much time to think....

so I stop running and explain to her that I follow her blog, I'm a grad student at MMU, I live down the block, etc....
all while breathing in huge gusts of air because I just stopped running....

and thankfully she doesn't think I'm crazy 

and INSTEAD she is SO nice, tells me that she and her husband JUST moved to Tosa and thanked me for letting her know. 

We parted ways and I felt good about not being shy and not letting such a fun opportunity pass me up, 
but I was feeling like I didn't quite explain everything (because I didn't want to be overbearing and I could barely breath) so I sent her a Facebook message to further explain myself....

And she responded with a lovely note and invitation to coffee at Rocket Baby Bakery in the near future... when she's all moved in and I don't have a huge paper looming over my head.

But how awesome is that and aren't there some friendly people out in the world?
(and hopefully she doesn't read this and think I'm creepy). 

So check out her blog because she's a genuinely nice person and my Tosa neighbor! 
(links and address above)

Off to more read some more...(nope, it just doesn't stop).
Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment