Friday, September 6, 2013

friday & new opportunity


 
Another picture from the night of the Mumford & Sons concert. Beautiful, underrated Milwaukee.
HAPPY FRIDAY!
What a week.
I have my first writing assignment to do this weekend.
I've been nervous to start writing and to find out what "graduate level" writing should be.
We were told to make appointments with the writing tutors at the writing center so I already have one scheduled for Monday with my 6-page reflection paper that's due on Wednesday.
Just because.
I don't know if I'll really "need" the appointment because the paper isn't even required to have APA format, but I thought it would be good to get some pointers early on.
AND I get to meet with a tutor.
A nun.
Because I'm going to a Catholic school after all.
I hear the other tutor is a lawyer, but that they're both fabulous writers and they'll TELL you how to write.

But homework is NOT the exciting thing about this Friday.
Yesterday afternoon Ben had an interview for the equipment manager position for the Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra. It's a part-time gig, but would hopefully lead to some really great connections.
And not 2 hours after he got home they called him and told him he got the job!!!
So proud of him!
He also dropped his resume off at a couple music stores, like where they sell music, instruments, do repair, etc.
So we'll see if we can fill in some of the gaps...maybe get him some health insurance sometime. :)
SO yeah.
We're excited!
Ben is currently installing windows today.
His boss is actually going out of town next week, so he's planning to help out with windows for the next week or two, and then hopefully he can get one of the music store jobs.
He's working his way into the music scene here.

I'm going to get some reading done!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment