Tuesday, September 3, 2013

labor day activities


Kara Walker's paper cut-out installation. 

Just a quick blog.
Things to do!

Our actual Labor Day was pretty uneventful. 
We watched a lot of United States of Tara on Netflix. 
I read a lot.
We both went on runs.
My body is still not used to runs, but I gotta get ready because Ben has agreed to run the Color Vibe 5k color run with me on October 19. 
His very first 5k.
Even after running several marathons and half-marathons.

The weather is BEAUTIFUL today.
Feel's like fall. 

I've been sketching, pasting and collaging in my new art journal everyday.
It's actually an ongoing assignment for Counseling/Art Psychotherapy, but I love it.

This morning I went to borrow a textbook from an art therapy friend who's in my Psychotherapy class because my book hasn't come in yet.
She casually mentioned that she has an extra Mumford and Sons tickets for this evening that's only $20 and invited me to the concert. 
Yay for new art therapy friends that hook you up. 

So that's the real reason why I have to go get my reading done. :)

I also went to explore the library a little. 
One of the librarians showed me how to use the academic journal and research computer program they have. They have several, including EBSCOHost, which just fondly reminds me of Bethel. 

They have a writing center that our professors REALLY want us to use for help on our papers because it's graduate school and they don't want to read crap. 
I stopped to talk to the guy at the desk about making appointments and how it all worked.
He was super nice as I explained to him that I can be a pretty anxious paper-writer AND I'm still acclimating to graduate school writing so he might see me a lot. 
He assured me that that was a good thing and to definitely take advantage of the writing services because the tutors are top-notch. 

It actually makes me look forward to getting back in the swing of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment