Thursday, December 6, 2012

december foliage


 
December in North Florida continues to look like fall.
I'm ok with that.
What is the Midwest looking like these days? I would really appreciate some snow while I'm home. I love bragging to the Floridians.
 
I finally didn't have to peel myself out of bed or hit the snooze button this morning.
Somehow, I woke up feeling well-rested and ready to tackle my Thursday.
Must be because I received some fabulous news from one of my favorite people last night, which I will tell you about later when I know it is public knowledge.
 
Last night after choir practice I was busy in the kitchen.
I made Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders (although I actually used cutlets) and
really easy Peasant Bread.
 
The chicken turned out great. I'm sure that not a lot of folks would have Panko breadcrumbs and sweetened shredded coconut laying around their kitchen. But I did. (Perhaps Bethany, who appreciates coconut like me, would enjoy this recipe.)
 
The bread tasted great, but kind of lacked a bottom crust because I was lazy and didn't take the extra measure of greasing ANOTHER oven-safe bowl and transferring the extremely wet dough into it so that the loaf would pop out easily. Next time I'll be more careful.
 
Today I am grateful that my supervisor decided to stay home.
For the last 2 days she has claimed to have a sinus infection that "isn't contagious",
but her cough have sounded absolutely disgusting.
It also sounds like she's speaking through a voice box.
I suggested that maybe it would be best if she stayed at home so she wouldn't destroy her vocal chords.
It took 3 days for her to take her coworkers' advice, but I'm glad she finally did.
 
It's going to be VERY quiet today. There are A LOT of people out of the office.
Normally I don't like all of the quiet with nothing to do...but after listening to gross coughing for 2 days I'll gladly welcome it.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'm trying that chicken. And I totally agree with that blogger: "Head over heels, batting my eyelashes, can’t get enough, wish it would call me more often, think the sun rises and sets by…coconut."

    So true. Mom made a coconut cream pie the other week and since no one else in the house likes coconut, I literally ate half a pie. AND I'M NOT SORRY.

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete