Wednesday, December 12, 2012

two-hour lunch breaks

We did not do anything that I said we would do yesterday.

The winter rain moved in. Therefore, we did not go caroling.
I realized that meant I could go to my Story Group birthday party...but I started thinking about how I hadn't made time for yoga or ANY exercise since last Tuesday, so I decided to scrap everything and go to hot yoga instead.
Absolutely worth it.
Jeff (the instructor) strained his back yesterday before class, so he didn't demonstrate many poses for us.
It didn't make any difference to me, but he felt bad and gave us the class for free!
I feel great about my progress. My strength is increasing and my balance and flexibility is getting better.
Also, if you attend on a more regular basis you stop feeling like death after every class.

I must note that I have barely worked today and it is 2:38 pm.

We put Christmas decorations up in the office from 9-12 pm (because some people are way less efficient than me. I'm being really snobby, but completely serious. Time management: learn it, or delegate). I'm just glad I won't be around to take the glittery birds and garland down.

Then our Chief Medical Officer took my supervisor, the HR Director and myself out for lunch because it's my last week. The CMO is Brazilian, and late for everything, so the lunch took 2 hours (including driving across town for 20 min. there and then 20 min. back). She's in charge, so I had no problem taking a 2 hour lunch break.

2 hours and 15 minutes until 5:00 pm.

Best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment