Monday, December 3, 2012

studio time


 
 
I loved this last weekend and now that it's Monday morning I miss it badly.
I spent so much time in front of the sewing machine, which means a lot of  those triangles are now cute little squares. For other quilters (and even myself) this is really a "duh" statement...
but those triangles looked so much bigger when they weren't sewn together.
I realized that I really have a long way to go until I have enough for a queen-sized quilt.
Luckily, I have a ton of Fresh Air, Radio Lab, This American Life, and The Moth podcasts to listen to. I also just recently added Freakanomics to my iTunes selection.
If anyone has some good ones that I should be listening to, just let me know.
 
I also started a few paintings. One of them is for Freeman Academy's Dining Extravaganza Art Auction. It's the one you see above, but it's not done.
Not quite sure what I'm doing with it yet.
Go bid on it so that one of my relatives doesn' take it home.
 
Ben and I lit the first Advent Candle at church yesterday. (Too exciting, I know.)
 
I'm suddenly buckling down on our wedding guest list, which I've decided is the worst part of the wedding so far.
Everyone is my friend. EVERYONE!
But you can't invite everyone. What a travesty.
Don't worry. It'll get done.
 
I wish it was Dec. 14th today, but it'll be here before I know it.
 
Good luck with your holiday crazy times. Triumph over Christmas. Don't let it beat you.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for sewing! I am going to try to find the motivation to make some things after Saturday. Good luck on the guest list. That was the hardest thing for us (which is why we had 300+ people there)! :)

    ReplyDelete