Wednesday, December 5, 2012

winter haircut


 
Self-pics are vain, but here's my new haircut.
I've been on a special regimen of haircuts every 6 months. (Growing my hair out for the wedding.)
It was just a wash, a trim, and an awesome 45 minutes chatting with Mary.
She just got engaged 3 days ago.  Last time I got my haircut she had just broken up with her boyfriend, moved into her own apartment and had gotten a 2nd call-back to possibly be on The Bachelor, so the engagement was quite a surprise.
She cuts my hair better than anyone I've ever tried. She also loves her job and her personality is perfect for her profession. It really shows.
Someday I hope I love my job as much as she does.
I told her if we ever come back to visit Tallahassee I will schedule a hair appointment along with the trip. I plan on having one more with her in April or May.
 
I'm almost completely caught up on my workload. No more interviews so I can sit at my desk and do what I need to do. We just found out that we can't have 2 people in the same position at a given time, so I can't train whoever we decide to hire. Luckily, I already have a binder full of instructions for the "new me".
 
I have to remind myself that my last day of work is also the day before we leave for the Midwest Christmas Extravaganza because I have got some serious cleaning/packing/errands to do.
That's 10 days away!
 
Just an FYI...Ben and I were going to see The Civil Wars (a band) in January because they were coming to FSU. No more. They broke up last month.
Das Racist also just broke up. They were one of the first bands we saw when we moved to Tallahassee.
 
As you can tell, I've run out of eye contacts. 
But have no fear, I have a special eye "contact" appointment scheduled for Dec. 10 (because they have to give you a special eye contact appointment and charge you $100 so that they can write your special contact prescription.)
Yes. I really have to pay $100 out of pocket for this appointment. My insurance is pretty decent in a lot of areas, but this is not one of them. I tried ordering my contacts online without this appointment and they denied me. Life without 20/20 vision can be depressing. Ben does not have to worry about these things.
 
I guess I wouldn't be that annoyed if I wasn't about to quit my job and go back to school.
(sigh) 
 
Ok, on with life.
Wednesday is almost Thursday,
and Thursday is almost Friday,
and Friday is only 1 week away from calling it quits.
 
Good luck with your Wednesday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment