Saturday, November 16, 2013

sourdough



I am currently enjoying a misty Saturday morning in MKE.
(Not raining yet.)
I've already walked to Rocket Baby Bakery to buy 2 loaves of sourdough.
One for us; one for tonight.
Then I had eggs, sourdough toast, raspberries and coffee for breakfast.
And now I'm deciding what household chores need to be accomplished before I climb back under the covers and get some reading done for my last research paper.
A nice, relaxing day, thus far. 

Yesterday was BUSY, but fun.
Two AT friends came over and we worked on our media project that is due on Monday.
We worked on it 10 am-4 pm, so we were wiped out by the end.
But we LOVED working on it and we're really proud of it.
We drank coffee, ate monkey bread, and other snacks to get us through.
Hopefully I can put it on the blog when it's finished. 
One of our group partners is out of town for the weekend, so we have a few things we need to add from her tomorrow night.
Can't wait to show it on class on Monday morning.

I also babysat last night from 6-10 pm. 
I am REALLY enjoying it because the kids are great, and fairly easy to handle. 

The photo above was actually from Thursday morning when I was making final edits on my theory paper.
That 8-10 pg. theory paper is now done and graded. 
I'm really excited to get the grade back on that one, because I worked really hard on it. 
She's going to give them back to us with corrections, and I can make those corrections and improve my grade if I want to...but if it's good enough, then I don't have to worry about it further. 

I have already started research on my last 8-10 pg. materials paper for the semester.
It's on collage, and all of its therapeutic benefits.
I do a lot with mixed media, so it's interesting to me.

Trying to get everything done that I possibly can before Thanksgiving, because I have a feeling that when I get home I will NOT want to do any homework. 

Tonight we're going to my professors house for a benefit concert/soup supper/fundraiser for the Global Alliance therapeutic arts program in Africa. 
My friends, Ben and I are helping to cook some soup, and then eat it. 

Nice to have my huge projects out of the way and just be able to enjoy myself for the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment