Friday, November 22, 2013

strep


Final art piece made in my Materials class "studio day".

Doesn't feel like my migraine was THAT long ago, but here I am back in bed.
I might have strep. 
Not confirmed yet.
I went to the doctor this morning.
The rapid strep test came back negative, but she said that my throat looked bad enough that the culture might come back positive or there is some other infection.
I'm currently hitting the penicillin. 
Those "cold" symptoms I thought I had didn't stick, but around 5 pm yesterday afternoon a knot started building in my throat. By the end of my night class I could barely swallow. Ibuprofen and Tylenol got me through the night, but I knew I should visit the doctor if I was going to get better by Thanksgiving and be able to finish my final assignments.
So sadly, I'm losing a day to illness, but at least I didn't have any plans or class today anyway.
And nothing tomorrow.
I couldn't have planned my illness better if I had tried.

Honestly, I'm not at all surprised I'm sick.
Typical me.

1) Endure a great deal of stress.
2) Get a chance to take a break and rest my body.
3) Boom. Sick.

Some good news: I got the community art center internship for the spring!
She told me I got it by the end of our interview. 

And now I'm going to go sleep some more. 

Have a nice weekend!

1 comment: