Tuesday, August 20, 2013

brewers



Fun things we've been up to:

BASEBALL - We went to another Brewers game last night because they have special $9 seats on Mondays. The Brewers lost again, but I just love going to Miller Park and it's kind of fun to be losers along with the rest of the locals. Used our $10 Ryan Braun vouchers to buy myself a Brewers t-shirt. For those of you who don't know, Ryan Braun is a Brewer who was suspended from the league because he took performance enhancing drugs. He was basically the Brewers' best player, so now they're really bad.


COOKING - We just went to this AWESOME little spice shop called The Spice House. There are several in MKE. We love to make curry and use a lot of spices in our cooking, so this place is a dream. Ben is making lamb curry this evening. 

SCRABBLE - We just bought a Scrabble board because we have no internet, meaning no ability to watch Netflix. I know I could "read books" in my spare time, and dabble in a few other hobbies I have, but this is a good activity that we love to do together. It's also easier for me to be doing hands on activities rather than sit down and read a book. Don't know why. I need to get a good book going, because I can definitely sit down and read when it's GOOD reading. 

BIKING - Another fabulous activity we love. Ben just got his bike back from the shop and there are BIKE LANES on a few prime streets in MKE, which is also a huge improvement from Tallahassee and every other place we've lived. It also isn't blazing hot outside with HUGE hills to conquer, so we've been biking a lot these past 3 days. Last night we even biked to McBob's (Irish pub with the MOST AMAZING rueben sandwich in the city) and then took their shuttle to the game. 

I think that's all for now.
Going to figure out some insurance stuff today.
I know you're jealous. 
Try not to be. 

We'll hopefully have Internet tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment