Saturday, August 17, 2013

saturday


Friday afternoon. The kitchen is FINALLY put together. Still working on the rest of the house.

I forgot to mention that we made our very first ham salad with our new KitchenAid grinder attachment this last week.
I know that sounds lame, but it was tasty and amazing.
We also made this particular ham salad with Wisconsin ham, pickles and minced cheese curds.
I love new kitchen appliances!
Currently I'm gathering hummus recipes from my Facebook friends because our food processor came in the mail. 
We've moderately addicted to hummus, and store-bought hummus gets expensive when it's on your shopping list almost every week. 
My friends have provided some real winners that I can't wait to try. 
Not a lot to update from yesterday.
Last night we went to the movies 3 miles away at the Mayfair Mall to see Kickass 2.
I keep looking up part-time jobs over at Mayfair because I feel like having a fun part-time college job at Crate and Barrel or BareMinerals, but I'm reminding myself to hold off because I'm pretty sure grad school will keep me WAY too busy to be able to handle even 15-20 hours a week. 
Sigh.
I will leave the job searching up to Ben. 
And even though I would love to keep exploring MKE today I think we need to keep putting the house together. 
Work first. Play later.

P.S. An extra week without Internet feels like an eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment