Monday, February 11, 2013

calligraphy




Personality test #2. Check.
Only 4 to go. 
Ugh.
It went pretty well, regardless. 
My test anxiety has gone down significantly.
I've also streamlined my study habits a little more. 
Efficiency is key when you have to read/remember so much...and still have time to feed yourself. 

Del McCoury and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band concert on coming up on Wednesday. Very excited!
Valentine's Day on Thursday. We are not going out because everyone else will be going out. That's too many people going out. We are staying in...and cooking. 
I also HAVE to study for my first Family Relationships test on Friday. Lovely timing.  

I've taken a few breaks from my studies to work on addressing wedding invitations.
I love the look of calligraphy on wedding invitations.
It looks very decadent to me.
So as you can see, I've decided to devote my time and effort into do-it-myself calligraphy (at a much less decadent price).
Good thing I learned how to do calligraphy during Enrichment hour in elementary school and then went on to become an art major in college. 
I've really improved from the first several envelopes (which will be recycled).  
It was a struggle getting used to pen and ink against a slightly textured "paper bag" envelope, but I've actually figured out the correct technique. 

Will this become a future side business?
Only for a pretty penny.
And payment for my future arthritis treatment. 
But seriously, if you paid me $$$ and I have time I will do it. 





2 comments:

  1. Susan I am so excited for your wedding! I miss you!
    Good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) 158 days to go (says the wedding website)!

      Delete