Saturday, February 2, 2013

korean bbq




WEEKEND NON SEQUITURS:

1) We went to hear Ben's trombone prof play a jazz gig on Friday night.

2) My General Psychology book came in the mail today! Best timing ever (test on Monday)! I don't ever have to go back to the library if I don't want to. 

3) I made some AMAZING vegan mac and cheese for lunch. Don't knock it until you try it! I actually used real butter in the "vegan" mac and cheese. 
And no, I have not declared any war on meat or animal products. I love them. I love REAL cheese, pork loin sandwiches, prime rib, and on and on. But I also love trying new and interesting foods. The "cheese" is more of a sauce with some cheesy characteristics. 
Very interesting and very good. 
Follow the link and get adventurous. 

4) I baked zweibach this afternoon. Nom.

5) I played the Mennonite Game at the Publix grocery store today! Can you believe it?! Second Menno connection in Florida since we found out Della attended AMBS. My cashier saw I was wearing an SDSU sweatshirt. He asked if I was from South Dakota. I said yes and he asked where I was from. I told him and he asked if I knew Tim and Mary Waltner! Insane, no? He worked with them at the MCC unit in Cincinnati back in the late 70's. I didn't get to ask anymore questions because I would have really held up the line, but I see him working often so I am planning on investigating some more!

6) We went to try the Korean BBQ place this evening. We've heard great things about it and it definitely lived up to its reputation. Very unassuming location and building + fantastic food. We'll be back. (My life obviously revolves around food.)

7) I should be studying more. (But only a little bit more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment