Monday, February 25, 2013

stoop sittin'



Finally some cooking therapy: jambalaya.

I don't even know where to start.
Too much has occurred. 
Last I left you we were about to go out to eat before Ben's Big Band I concert on Thursday night.
That went well.

Here's something that didn't go well: I got locked out of the apartment on Friday evening.
I biked to school on Friday afternoon to complete my final psych study and prepare for my upcoming tests.
I returned home soaked from the rain.
But no matter. 
I'll just take a hot shower and change clothes.
Negative.
Locked door.
Derek had forgotten to put my key back outside.
He, Ben, Frank and Nate were already on their way to Perry, FL for a gig.
Also, my phone was almost dead. A real plus.
I had enough power to shame Derek and notify others of my situation. 
I waited on the stoop for an hour and a half until Jen came to rescue me after she finished rehearsal and received my panicked voicemail. 
She took me to her place to change into dry sweatpants etc. 
I took her out for supper at Waffle House to drown my traumatic experience in syrup. 
Then we went back to her place to work on homework and watch Pitch Perfect until Ben returned from the gig and pick me up.
I am no longer mad at Derek.
One has plenty of time to think hard about stress management and forgiveness whilst waiting on a stoop in your wet clothes.
And I got to spend a nice evening with my girl Jen and her roommate Bob Evans (yep, just like the restaurant), which really just made my evening so much better. 

I've been studying here and there all weekend.
I'm actually feeling pretty good about my tests, but no time to let up now.

Ben and Frank directed their Big Band III concert yesterday.
They did a fine job.

It POURED today.
It has currently rained 2.21 inches today.
It was the very first time I took my car to school since starting on January 7th.
I'm pretty proud.
Parking wasn't even too bad.
I downloaded the FSU parking app on my phone that tells you the capacity and fullness of each parking garage.
(Ridiculous? Yes. Helpful. Oh yes.)
Despite flash flood warnings I also managed to get Derek on his plane back to Pittsburgh.
We'll see him at the wedding this summer.
We're pretty excited that he, Frank and Jen are coming.


This is just a picture to show you that my Gen Psych professor puts up a picture of puppies before every lecture. Weird fact: my professor's boyfriend is from Sioux Falls. Crazy.

I'm just holding out for spring break.
Just taking every event one at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment