Wednesday, February 27, 2013

wine on the deck




To quote my good friend Brittany (who resides at this blog), 
"...drinking wine on the deck whenever you please is one of the best things about being an adult."
And she is so right. 
(It helps to have Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday afternoons open to use however you please.
If I have to read a chapter of Psychology homework it's definitely going to be out on the deck with some vino. 
Don't be too jealous. 
It really doesn't happen all that often.
But when it does, it is awesome.

I just DESTROYED my Gen Psych and Personality tests.
I can't wait to see the grades on those.
I felt like I've been cramming sort of ferociously for the past 24 hours, which I really hate, but it still seems to come up from time to time (like when you have out-of-town visitors that lock you out of your house for an evening and then consume the majority of your other free-time). 
:) I swear, I'm not still mad at Derek. Those are just the facts.
Anyway, it's pretty painful to receive heavy doses of psychology for long periods of time.
I could physically sit down for hours and study, but I CANNOT handle it mentally.
Spreading it out over several days helps so much with retention and test anxiety...which is why I have to start studying tomorrow for my Ab Psych test that's next Wednesday. 

On a very exciting note...Ben was asked to play a big band gig this Friday night in Miramar Beach, FL.
It's paid gig, PLUS a free night at a Hilton hotel on the beach.
Ben has graciously asked me to come along. 
I'm excited to get out of Tallahassee for a day.  

As of now, I need to go to Publix and buy all of the fixings for chili and cinnamon rolls.
It's a little Comp Week gift for Jen, whose from Baltimore and wasn't aware of the chili and cinnamon roll lunch combination that some board of Midwestern lunch ladies came up with for elementary schools.
I made it for her in the fall and she's needing extra comfort this week to get her through her 50 page paper.

A little reminder: 
Nobody else does that. 
JUST Midwesterners. 

2 comments:

  1. you're right. wine on the deck IS the best. or wine on the couch because everything is covered in snow. or wine in bed while you watch glee. really, there are very few places i wouldn't drink wine.
    -alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine with FRIENDS is REALLY the best. (Tear) Can't wait for May!

      Delete