Friday, February 1, 2013

stay busy

FRIDAY! I love you!
I'm debating how much productivity is left in me today.
Perhaps some Abnormal Psych reading? Perhaps.

I'm a little tired because I was at Ben's big band concert last night. All 3 big bands played at Club Downunder (the on-campus bar/music venue). He and Frank directed Big Band III and then they both played in Big Band I. Everything sounded great, but I didn't get to bed very early. 

But nothing like a cold bike ride to school to wake you up in the morning. It was around 30 degrees, but I dressed appropriately for the occasion so it didn't even phase me. 



I scored 5/5 on my Family Relationships quiz on the connection between ethnicity, race and socioeconomic status...aka "how well do you know your racial stereotypes?". (The quiz was actually based off of census facts. It just turns out that many racial stereotypes can be true...but that doesn't mean all of the time!)

I just received an e-mail from Sallie Mae saying my loans are officially deferred until May (because I'm back in school). I didn't even have to apply for it. Florida State is big enough that they do it for you automatically. 

Ben and I are really excited because on Monday one of our favorite people will be in town. 
Our friend and future usher at our wedding, Joel Linscheid, will be stopping in Tallahassee for the evening amidst his tour with the World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra: the "only remaining full-time touring big band". I think I'm going to make a batch of zweibach in his honor of gracing us with his Mennonite presence. 
I also have to decide what dessert I'm going to make for our Superbowl party on Sunday with Jen, Frank and Co. 
And amidst all of that I will be studying for my Gen Psych test that's on Monday. 

Gotta keep moving. Don't stop. 
Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment