Friday, March 15, 2013

at it again




Looks like the spring break weather is showing up a week late.
Oh well. 
Ben was too busy to go with me to the beach this week, so we'll just have to save it for an upcoming Saturday trip. 

I'm trying to think of what I've been doing, but it's all kind of melded together.
Cleaning....cooking...painting...yeah
I made my own pork stock, which made me feel like the most competent and capable human being on the planet, despite the fact that it is very, very easy.
I simmered a pork bone, onions, a few carrots, thyme and a bay leaf in water for many hours.
Then I took those things out and jarred up the broth.
Bam! Stock. 
Forget you, Swanson's.  

The week of freedom is almost over, and I'm already starting to hit the books a little harder. 
I think this might be the first spring break where I can say,
"I AM RESTED."
"LET'S GET BACK TO WORK."
Maybe I'll change my mind on Monday morning, but I'm seriously feeling ready to tackle these last
6 weeks of class!
Inconceivable!
6 weeks! And then a few days of finals.
I'm grateful that our Personality final is actually a week BEFORE finals. 
So humane. 

Ben is currently formatting and editing his 68 page paper (give or take).
What a rock star.
He's planning to leave for Tampa on Saturday afternoon to catch a Tigers spring training baseball game with his friend from Michigan, who invited him to stay with him and his family in their condo. 
So I will be left to my own devices on Saturday evening and Sunday. 

I might walk up to Black Dog Cafe/Lake Ella for coffee and studying, like I did this morning.
I'll try to remember to take a picture or two.
I was reminded this morning how BEAUTIFUL Tallahassee can be.
Right now mornings are cool, sunny and calm (NO WIND).
And very few cars on the weekends. 
It's pretty confusing for the wardrobe. 
The sun is much warmer than the Midwest, but the air is still cool. 
If Tallahassee was closer in driving distance to our friends and families, I would definitely consider staying here. 
It's amazing how much you grow into a place, and it grows into you. 
If you move somewhere, definitely stay awhile. 
You will go through periods of hatred and love. 
I already know I will miss this place and the connections we have made.

But thank heavens we're leaving before another sweaty Florida summer. 
And no more expensive plane rides.

I just hope the SNOW and COLD grows back on me when we make Milwaukee our home. 

So have a fabulous Schmeckfest to those who are in my homeland. 
Oh, to feel fat right along with you. 
Maybe next year.

We're off to check out running shoes.
Even me.


No comments:

Post a Comment