Wednesday, March 13, 2013

sleeping in




I've been sleeping in every day, mostly because of insomnia, but also because it's spring break.

A quick note on my insomnia: Sometimes I get into these grooves where I just can't shut my brain off or lay still. It's like I forget how to fall asleep for a period of time. It usually occurs when I'm stressed or way too excited.

(I already know I am way to excited for everything coming up. WAY. TOO. EXCITED.)

Then I usually just have to get a ritual going where I shut off my electronics an hour or so before I go to sleep, drink camomile tea, and read for awhile. I read for 2 hours last night, which was awesome in the first place because I am BAD about setting time aside for fun reading. And it worked. I fell asleep relatively quickly (by my own standards) and slept all the way through the night. I feel SO much better than yesterday. I plan on doing it again tonight. And eventually my body will internalize the process and I will hopefully be able to sleep well for the last 9 WEEKS THAT WE LIVE IN FLORIDA!

Anyway, I started Monday off with pancakes. On Sunday night we were watching an episode of Portlandia and Carrie and Fred waited in line for practically the entire episode just so that they could eat some amazing berry pancakes at some restaurant. I immediately craved pancakes and decided that they would be breakfast, but should have made them with berries. Still a nice way to start break.


Afterwards I cleaned the whole kitchen. I scrubbed the crevices with Soft Scrub and a toothbrush. A toothbrush is the key to making something look brand new. I didn't want to cook after I cleaned the oven. Too beautiful.

I am happy to say that Ben is plowing through comps. He's on page 45 and starting his third and final question today.

So Monday I cleaned a fair amount. Tuesday was spent on some Mount Mary financial aid stuff, starting my FAFSA form and working on graduate assistantship applications. The applications were only 1 page forms, but they did want me to attach my resume, so I had to update that a little (always time consuming). I'm applying for both the Art Therapy Department Grad Assistantship and the Office of Graduate Admissions Assistantship. I would love to have either because it reduces your semester costs by 25%, but we'll see because they're much sought-after positions.

I'm picking up Jen and Frank from the airport this afternoon, otherwise I'll be going about my normal "business".

Yesterday was so grey, but today looks sunny and beautiful. BUT look at those low temperatures! (see below) This is not the spring break we experienced last year. I'm sure spending time on the beach itself would be beautiful, but the water is probably still too cold. Might have to save the beach for April/May.

No comments:

Post a Comment