Sunday, January 20, 2013

industrious me


Did I say I had a 3-day weekend? 
I actually have a 4-day weekend because I don't have class on Tuesday. 
I'm trying to take advantage of that. 

I haven't mentioned that my Gen Psych book hasn't come in the mail yet.
I bought it on Amazon, and the person who sold it to me mailed the WRONG book (a compositional writing book) and mailed my Gen Psych book to the WRONG person. So we both had to send them back so he could re-mail them to the correct person. He apologized, blamed the postal worker and said he would send me the book as soon as he got it back from the other person (and refund my $ for mailing it).
I "should" receive it sometime this week hopefully. 
This is the first time I've run into this kind of problem, and that's from 5 years of buying textbooks online. It's annoying, but I've had no problem studying from the copy on reserve in the library. 
Plus, they have a Starbucks in there. :)

So class ended at 11 am on Friday, but I spent 2 hours after that with Gen Psych. 
I'm planning on biking over to the library this afternoon to read some more (I'm kind of making up for lost time). 


Early Saturday morning Ben went to investigate a state park about an hour east of Tallahassee.
I slept in, and then found myself back at the library with the Gen Psych book. Amazing to be in the library with SO few people.

My quilt received quite a bit of attention on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. 
I've finished sewing all of the fabric from my charm pack into big triangles (that are actually rectangular sections made up of 2 smaller color triangles in the middle and 2 tan triangles on the outside of the big triangle). 
I knew there wouldn't be enough to make a queen size quilt with just the charm pack, so I bought fabric last month to fill it out. 
Time to cut more triangles. 
Slow and steady wins the race. 

Ben is the best. 
He spent a very nice amount of his Saturday cleaning the house, without any encouragement from me. 


Neither of us had the inspiration to cook anything for Saturday supper, so off to Pho 7 we went for the usual. (It's been awhile since our last visit.)

We finished just in time to go see Django Unchained at the theatre. I can barely handle Quentin Tarantino violence and gore, but it was so well made that I managed to get through it. 
Seriously, a great movie. 
But seriously, if you can't handle gore, stay at home. 

We decided to hit up St. Mike's Pub afterwards. It's not the most popular place in town, which means there's always plenty of room to sit and chat.

We were both at church this morning, but I left after singing because I've been suffering from sinus pain all night and morning. Feeling much better at the moment. 

Last vacation until Spring Break. Better make the most of it.










2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I have just wasted my 3 day weekend as far as productivity goes. It has been a good one though. And that is a bonus.
    Your quilt looks so good! I don't have the patience for quilts I found out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken every fiber of my being to stay patient with the quilt. I told myself if I was going to do it I had to do it right and redo mistakes... I might not be making one of these every year. :)

      Delete