Tuesday, January 15, 2013

veggies




This is Warm Quinoa Salad that I made the other night. 
Ben ate a bowl and said, "Well Suz, you did it again."
By "it", he means: find another amazing recipe on Pinterest. 
I would have quite a few more cooking blogs bookmarked if I didn't have Pinterest. 
I'll have to post a few more recipes that have turned out well. 
It's been great/convenient for our health. 
Once I found that wedding dress, things got a little more real and I am now making a much more conscious effort to eat well. (Which means leaving some fabulous tasting food behind for a little while.)

Lots of veggies, protein and exercise. 
Some fruits. 
Less sugar, bread and dairy. 

Biking to school has made the exercise portion much easier.
It's actually SO much easier to bike to school than trying to find a parking space, walking to your class, walking back from your class, and then trying to leave the parking garage when tons of other people are also trying to leave. I'm pretty grateful that I'm only a 15 minute bike ride from the Psych building. I show up a little sweaty, but it's freezing inside, so it evens out. 

I had Story Group tonight. I hadn't seen some of those ladies since November! It felt so good to share my wedding dress/new school adventures with them. They're so helpful and supportive of me. 

I'm just plugging away at school work. There is a ton of information in my Psych courses, so I'm already pretty diligent about reading and going over things so I don't forget. I already have a test on January 28 for Ab Psych. 

Random note:
I don't think I mentioned that I sat in gum during my flight back to Tallahassee. 
(Some people have all the luck.)
Turns out after you've picked most of it off of your pants you just need to slather some PEANUT BUTTER on there and scrap away at it with a butter knife. 

FYI. 
Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment