Monday, January 28, 2013

psych evaluation

Tests done! Whew!

Things went pretty well. 50 Multiple-choice questions and filling in bubble sheets is a new kind of testing for me. Bethel provided a little more of a "personal" experience. I had my fair share of essay writing.

Ab Psych was a mix of easy, medium and hard. I still think I did pretty well. My one shining moment was when I used my knowledge of the word "etymology" to figure out the definition of "etiology". Etymology is the study of "origins" of words (taught to me by Bethel College English Professor, Ami Regier). One option was "Cause" so I went for it, and it was right ("Et" actually means "and" in Latin, but I figured it must be similar to "origin", so it was probably "cause"...this all made more sense in my mind). Etiology is the study of causation (of diseases, in our case). All the studying was probably worth it for that test, but sometimes I felt like I was playing "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" with the answers and going for educated guesses. And those are critical thinking skills, my friends.

I thought Personality would be tougher. Not the case. Our professor realized that we still don't have a personality book on reserve in the library so he took out 10 questions that had to do with JUST the reading. We ended up taking the test on topics covered only in class. It was a breeze.

So I "should" have fairly decent grades in both. Glad we got those out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment