Saturday, January 26, 2013

scientific art



I have been a studying machine.
On and off all day. 
I feel like a nursing student with all of the cerebral vocabulary I've been memorizing. 
Again, I have no idea how hard these tests are going to be, but I've got enough test anxiety that I'm willing to throw a weekend away in order to be prepared for the first ones. 

Speaking of which, I'm participating in a Stress Management Study for the psych department. 
I need 7 credits (7 hours) of experiment participation for my Gen Psych course (I have to do it in order to pass).  
I took a 1 hour (1 credit) online questionnaire for the department and now they'll e-mail me if I qualify for additional studies. I guess I'm stressed out enough for them because they invited me to do this study. I'll get anywhere from 4-7 credits. I'll go in for 2 hours on Tuesday and then 2 more hours in a month (so they can run the test again for reliability). I'll get to take the stress treatment if I'm chosen (it's random assignment, so we'll see if I make it all the way). 
I hope I do because it's interesting, PLUS I'd get to take care of all of my credits in one experiment. 
I'll probably do another 3 hours for extra credit in Personality. 
There are a TON of studies going on. FSU is a huge research school.

I'm going to bed so that I can get plenty of rest to conquer my tests and my stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment