Friday, April 19, 2013

cinderella shoes




I never pictured myself going so literally "Cinderella" for my wedding shoes, but here we are.
And seriously, I am NOT pretending to be a princess on my wedding day.
I just love these shoes.
because they sparkle
A LOT.
And although I don't necessarily like to admit it, I can kind of be attracted to sparkle.
It's hard to admit because sparkle can either be "pretty" or "gaudy", which can get my artsy self into trouble sometimes. 
But it can also be "fun", so that's what I'm going for. 
Plus, they're super comfortable (there's great cushioning on the bottom) and they're just well-made shoes (which cannot be said for all flats). 
People who buy flats know that sometimes you have to choose between "stylish-made-out-of-cardboard" and "dr.scholls-with-no-fashion-sense". 
When I was looking for shoes I meant to look for "classic", not "shiny", but these were the best combination I could manage within my price-range.
That sounds like I just "settled" on them. It's more like, I knew what my options were, and after weighing my search time, price, style etc. I just realized that these were the winners...at a 25% discount.
They just kinda waved their hands at me and said "We are your wedding shoes! Take us home!"
So I am pleased with my purchase.
By the way, I'm showing you these because Ben gets to see them anyway. I need to break them in if I actually want to wear them for a whole day in July. 

Kind of a weird side note, but while I was browsing Facebook today I saw that someone had posted a picture of a victim of the Boston marathon bombing...without several appendages. 
And several weeks ago someone had posted a picture of that college basketball player who broke his leg...showing the broken leg.
It just made me realize that there is a reason why I'm not a nurse. 
People really need to leave that stuff off of Facebook because it physically makes me feel ill. 
The problem is that I see the picture, but I'm still kind of fascinated so I don't look away or scroll down...and then all of a sudden I feel a little warm and woozy. So it's kind of my own fault.
I really hope that I could keep myself together in the time of a crisis, but based off of the evidence...keep me away from blood, guts and gore because I just may faint. 
Even mentioning it right now makes me queasy and lightheaded...
Ugh.

This is coming from the person who had to lay down on the science classroom table after all of the color drained from their face while attempting to do their own blood type test for Biology. 
Mr. Spangler had to finish it for me. 

Anyone else? 
Just me? 
Ok. 
I'm alright with that. 

Anyway...
I just got my oil change and a nice tune-up on my car at noon. It's all ready for the trip up north.
We "might" go to the beach tomorrow, depending on the weather and our motivation to get out of bed. 
ONE WEEK OF CLASSES LEFT.
There are many large 'sighs' coming from Ben and I. 
We know there's still quite a bit to do, but we're SO CLOSE to the end.

Happy weekend, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment