Monday, April 15, 2013

the final performance




I'm going to procrastinate just a little bit before I get back to my studying.
Ben took Dorothy and Emily to the airport this morning while I had to attend my classes.
I'm still a little wiped out from the weekend. 
Ben's recital went splendidly. He has put so much work into these last 2 semesters so it was nice to see the final product. He did a great job and I loved the tunes that he picked. 

This weekend we showed Dorothy and Emily some of our favorite places and restaurants in Tallahassee: Pho 7, Bruster's Ice Cream, DSW for shoe shopping, Lucy and Leo's Cupcakery, Kool Beanz for a celebratory dinner, Publix grocery store, Saturday morning farmers market, Bada Bean for breakfast, Joe Mama's brick oven pizza, etc. 
Due to much, much rain on Sunday, we didn't get to go to Wakulla Springs to see the manatees. :( So sad.
But as it so happened, I was held up in bed for most of Sunday morning and afternoon due to a horrible migraine/sinus headache. It was SO painful and made me feel SO sick. I was able to recover by late afternoon and join in on the indoor activities. We were so happy to have Dorothy and Emily visit before we make our trek home. 

Final Big Band outdoor performances.

2 weeks of classes left! 
And my Personality Final Exam is one week from today!
Meanwhile, I'm already thinking about registering for classes at Mount Mary next Monday. 
Dr. Moon sent me a list of classes to sign up for:
- Art Materials, Process and Application
- Theory and History of Art Therapy
- Theories of Counseling and Art Psychotherapy
- Career Development
And then we have to sign up for 1-2 credit hours of workshop electives. These workshops occur on specific weekends throughout the fall. They run Friday evening, all day Saturday and all day Sunday.
I'm trying to sign up for:
- Special Topics in Art Therapy/Veteran's Issues
and
- Special Topics in Art Therapy/Child Art Therapy/Medical
We'll see what's available because 2nd year grad students get first pick over 1st year grad students. 
I won't have ANY classes scheduled on Friday, which is lovely. 

Tomorrow I have my last haircut with Mary. I might be the only person who understands how truly tragic this is. 
Ben graduates on May 4. 
I'm already trying to decide what book I should read during the 4-hour graduation ceremony.
I am already enjoying our final weeks in Florida. 



1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY understand. I have been so sad about leaving Mercedes (my stylist) for months now, and I still have several haircuts in my future before leaving Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete