Friday, April 5, 2013

skewed




Made it to Friday. Yay!
Found out I got a 93.5% on my Personality exam, which I thought I did much worse on
and a 87% on my Ab Psych exam, which I thought I aced.
(And by aced I meant 1-2 wrong. I understand that an 87% is NOT a bad score.)
Cramming obviously skewed my perception a little.
Learned my lesson.
Going to start studying for Gen Psych today!

Yesterday I made black bean brownies (as seen above).
I didn't tell Ben the secret ingredient. 
They're different than normal brownies, but they definitely fulfill your sugar fix.

Today in Family Relationships my professor brought in a video of her son who was born in December. 
He is actually very adorable and the video was of him swinging at the park, but she told us that she wasn't going to put the sound on because she's babytalking to him and she "sounds like a retard". 

For the duration of this semester I have not liked this woman, for many reasons...

she often shows up to class late (and never apologizes),
she sticks to gendered stereotypes when explaining information,
she talks about her baby constantly,

but this just sealed the deal. 

How can a college professor who's a Marriage and Family Therapist with a Ph. D. think that it's ok to use that word in that way?  
Cursing is one thing that would definitely be considered a little unprofessional, but to use a derogatory term like "retard"...
I do a lot of deep breathing and self-talking in that class. 
Only 3 more weeks.

And on to happier things...

I got a phone call yesterday that my wedding dress came in! 
It's in Sioux Falls, so I called them today and scheduled an appointment for May 16 to come in and try it on.
The ladies that work there are the sweetest. 
The employee who set my appointment was so excited for me.

Nothing in particular going on this weekend, which is a great.
Time to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment