Tuesday, April 23, 2013

so dark, so light




After a long, tiring Monday, Ben and I made a little visit to Fermentation Lounge.
I noticed the extreme contrast between my Lazy Magnolia "Sweet Potato Cream" Jefferson Stout & Ben's Victor Brewing "Swing" Session Saison
I promise you that there was nothing "sweet" or "potato" about the stout. 
Well, it was a little sweet, because stouts tend to do that. 
But nothing overbearing. 
Just a good standard stout. 

Yesterday was not THAT long and tiring. 
I was actually fairly excited for most of it.
(Except for Gen Psych where our last chapter is "Abnormal Psychology". I am currently taking an entire class on Abnormal Psych. Don't want to sit through this stuff again.)
But I didn't even need a cup of coffee to get me through the afternoon. 

The Personality test went great, as always. 
Once you've taken 6 tests in one class, the glamour really starts to wane. 
But I must say that I'm pretty glad the professor decided to give more tests on fewer chapters because the textbook was pretty dense.
Personality is a weird subject. 
I feel like I know more than I ever really wanted to about it, and yet I still don't know much more at all. 
Our professor would apologize from time to time because personality data isn't as concrete/tangible as other forms of psychology. 
There's a lot of "This is what we found, this is what we think, but we could be wrong." 
Like I said, a weird topic to wrap your head around in the traditional sense of learning. 
BUT IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm forcing myself to continue reading and studying for my FINALS on April 29 & May 1.
I'm scheduling FINAL lunch/coffee/drink dates: an old coworker on Wednesday and our engagement picture photographers on Thursday (yes, we really love them).
I have my FINAL life story group tonight. Ugh. Going to make me so sad. 
There is so much "FINAL" in our life right now. Guess it has to happen sometime. 

We cannot believe the weather right now. Still nice and cool at night, 70-80's during the day.
Thank you, sweet Lord. 
We're going to get out of here without being insanely ravaged by heat.
Even if it switched to high heat and humidity tomorrow, I would be like, "Where have you been? You were supposed to be here weeks ago!"

Anyway, time to go make my day happen. 
On with the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment